DISPLACING DIESEL FUEL WITH NATURAL GAS PROVIDES HUGE COST SAVINGS FOR DRILLING AND FRAC PUMP OPERATORS
Xebec's mobile solution enables diesel displacement for significantly lower operating costs, longer engine life and environmental compliance.
Rising Drilling and Fracing Costs - Environmental Concerns
Environmental compliance is a critical concern for today’s drilling operators, particularly those focused on unconventional sources of energy like shale oil and gas.
- Environmental legislation is becoming more restrictive
- Transporting fuel is increasing costly
Xebec’s AGX® Line Provides an Answer
Industry-wide collaboration has identified natural gas conversion of diesel-powered engines
as a viable solution, utilizing the fuel from the wellhead. However, the gas must first be conditioned.
Xebec provides a proven, cost-efficient, flexible, containerized solution. Its AGX® line of conditioning systems removes heavier hydrocarbons from the associated
gas or field gas, making it useable on converted drilling rigs and with frack pumps.
Benefits Are Significant
1. Cost Savings - Oil and gas drillers and frack pump operators can displace up to 60% of their diesel fuel
2. Revenue Potential - The exhaust stream from Xebec’s field gas conditioning unit is rich in ethane, propane, butane, and pentane.
This group of hydrocarbons is called NGL's (Natural Gas Liquids). These liquids have a marketable value.
3. Improved Environmental Performance - The Xebec solution reduces carbon dioxide (CO2), particulate matter (PM), and nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions.
Plus, natural gas engines run quieter than their diesel counterparts and the emissions are odourless.
There is reduced flaring and improved productivity as extraction need not be turned down because of flaring quota restrictions.
NGL’s can be condensed on site and transported to a gas treatment plant.
4. Plug and Play Flexibility - Mobility is important as drilling rigs move to new sites. A unique and important advantage of the AGX system is its ability to facilitate these field deployments.
Xebec’s containerized solution is completely mobile, compact and transport-ready.
ENERGY EQUIVALENT PRICE COMPARISON|