Date: January 2020
Reports To: Director of Sales and Business Development
Xebec is in business to accelerate the shift to a clean, low-carbon economy. Our renewable gas technology replaces carbon-emitting fossil fuels with clean energy solutions for industry, transportation, gas utilities, and waste management. The clean economy is the biggest opportunity of a lifetime. Play your part and join us!
Due to the growth of Xebec Adsorption Inc. an opportunity has arisen for a Business Developer to join the rapidly expanding business. The contender will develop relationships with core clients and create and implement a strategy to identify and target new ones. The candidate should have domain expertise in the Hydrogen and Renewable Natural Gas market with background in sales and business development in the US West Coast.
Besides being part of a great team, you will enjoy the competitive pay and a full benefits package
including medical, dental, disability, training and career advancement opportunities, a flexible
schedule for work/life balance, social activities and more.
- Responsible for Developing and closing Biogas opportunities in the US while also assisting in the development of opportunities;
- Oversee the sales process from beginning to end, evaluate client’s needs, schedule sales presentations, collect the necessary information to open new client accounts;
- Participates in developing corporate objectives and plans;
- Perform follow-ups with clients to ensure they are completely satisfied;
- Use CRM to efficiently log activities, prospects and clients;
- Create a great first impression to our prospects and customers by providing them with an exceptional, customer first experience;
- Builds profitable, long term relationships with customers, and ensure that these relationships are well managed;
- Coordinate & track all sales tasks and activities in the regional market;
- Manage the proposal process for inquiries;
- Ensuring incoming customer calls and e-mail requests are responded to in an organized, timely & efficient manner;
- Maintain strong networks with others within the biogas industry to develop industry knowledge, contacts, and new business opportunities;
- Working with Xebec Representative to manage the sales funnel for all biogas upgrading or energy projects in TBD;
- Engage with existing and new customers to promote the Xebec solutions to this market;
- Develop value proposition model to demonstrate the benefits of the Xebec solution and present to customers;
- Develop budgetary and detailed proposals and present to customers and follow through contract negotiations;
- Engage in developing and supporting marketing campaigns and events to promote Xebec brand and products;
- Meet on a weekly or biweekly basis to review status of Sales funnel and initiate follow on steps to move the leads through the funnel;
- Gather and provide competitive intelligence to Xebec team to position the products to win.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable:
- Engineering Bachelor’s degree;
- Master in business administration (asset);
- At least 5 years B2B sales experience;
- Excellent relationship building, communication & interpersonal skills;
- Track record in consultative selling techniques;
- Experienced in managing a geographical sales territory and/or product category;
- Superior oral and written communication skills (both French and English);
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and contact documents;
- Good workload management skills; must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Strong analytical ability, good judgment, strong operational focus;
- Outstanding Customer Service skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm, solve problems, be courteous with customers and take responsibility for outcome.
Replies and CVs can be sent to [email protected]
Xebec Adsorption Inc., 730 Boul. Industriel, Blainville, PQ, J7C 3V4 / +1 450 979 8700