Date: July 2021
Department: Customer Care
Reports To: Customer Care Director
Xebec is in business to accelerate the shift to a clean, low-carbon economy. Our renewable gas technology replaces carbon-emitting fossil fuels with clean energy solutions for industry, transportation, gas utilities, and waste management. The clean economy is the biggest opportunity of a lifetime. Play your part and join us!
Our commissioning engineers are the front line and the face of our company. They will be responsible for ensuring that the biogas plants are started up so that they are operational and meet the requirements of the various projects as quickly as possible. They will work directly with customers to provide essential feedback to our continuous improvement process. Customer service skills are therefore as important as technical skills.
Besides being part of a great team, you will enjoy the competitive pay and a full benefits package including medical, dental, disability, training and career advancement opportunities, a flexible schedule for work/life balance, social activities and more.
- Carry out the start-up of the biogas plants in order to achieve the required performance for the project.
- Coordinate with the client the various start-up processes; gas availability, functional equipment, analysis tools, etc.
- Provides customer service by telephone and e-mail; answers all customer questions.
- Monitor the various biogas sites remotely to ensure the required performance and make corrections if necessary.
- Provide on-site (hands-on) training with customers and operators.
- Prepare training material for customers with the help of the engineering team.
- Collect relevant data and information during visits and communicate with the team (engineering, production, quality) to improve and optimize equipment performance.
- Keep a history and save a detailed report of all activities that take place on the site.
- Prepare site requirements, including commissioning checklists, SATs and performance lists, demonstration certificates.
- Assist in creating a database of common failures.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical/process engineering or automation engineering.
- Must be able to travel (less than 10%, more if desired) and must hold a valid passport.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Strong technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of gas processes (an asset).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (French and English).
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and contract documents.
- Good workload management skills; must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Must have the ability to prioritize and organize tasks.
- Good analytical skills, good judgment, focus on activities.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Able to work under pressure and remain calm, problem solve, be courteous with clients and take responsibility for results.
Xebec Adsorption Inc. values, respects and encourages the differences and skills of its employees from all horizons. We will consider all qualified candidates.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We respectfully ask agencies not to contact us or send us unsolicited applications.
Replies and CVs can be sent to [email protected]
Xebec Adsorption Inc., 730 Boul. Industriel, Blainville, PQ, J7C 3V4 / +1 450 979 8700