Date: March 2021
Department: Quality tests and compliance
Reports To: Director, Quality, and Test and Compliance
Xebec is in business to accelerate the shift to a clean, low-carbon economy. Our renewable gas technology replaces carbon-emitting fossil fuels with clean energy solutions for industry, transportation, gas utilities, and waste management. The clean economy is the biggest opportunity of a lifetime. Play your part and join us!
We are searching for a candidate to manage compliance requirements for our organization. In this role, you will oversee risk-related projects, handle reporting channels, and sign-off on compliance-related documents. To ensure success as a compliance engineer, industry-specific experience and relevant technical qualifications are a must. To be successful as a compliance engineer you will have a sound technical background and be up to date with the latest regulatory developments in the industry. The ideal person for this position requires solid analytical skills alongside the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and effectively to other employees and management.
Besides being part of a great team, you will enjoy the competitive pay and a full benefits package including medical, dental, disability, training and career advancement opportunities, a flexible schedule for work/life balance, social activities and more.
- Working with both management and lower-level staff, compliance engineers coordinate information between departments, educating design teams about product specifications and participating in the training of personnel.
- Participate in Preliminary Design Review of the product and technologies proposed by the product development team and ensure the code compliance
- Prepare the documentation required for the certification of the new product
- Validate engineering solutions for different modules design and ensure compliance with the local codes and regulations.
- Keeping departments up to date on new or revised regulations that may be relevant to product specifications.
- Ensuring the company’s technical compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Specifically, knowledge of the following standards: ANSI/CSA 149.6, NFPA, API are an asset.
- Conducting tests and studies into the company’s product compliance.
- Producing reports on compliance testing, developments, and processes.
- Instituting best-practice procedures for compliance and risk mitigation.
- Developing strategies and implementation plans for compliance-related matters.
- Explaining and defining compliance protocols and measures to stakeholders and relevant authorities.
- Managing complaints and technical issues relating to product design and manufacturing.
- Advising management on compliance-related matters.
- Checking the status of various business operations to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Establish and manage relationships with NRTLs (Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory), approval bodies and standards societies.
- Wherever possible lobby standards normalize industry practices for similar products and to manage safety risks in a similar fashion.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical Engineering, electrical Engineering, industrial Engineering, or similar pertinent education.
- A minimum of five years’ experience working as a compliance engineer.
- Experience as consultant Engineer in renewable energy sector or gas treatment industry would be a strong asset.
- Previous experience in Biogas industry is a strong asset.
- Experience in start-up & commissioning is a strong asset.
- Proficiency in both French & English is a must.
- Proficiency in report writing, analysis, and compliance procedures.
- Thorough understanding of regulatory frameworks.
- Experience with product-testing and process analysis.
- Skilled in business operations or project management.
- The ability to communicate complex ideas verbally and in writing.
- Solid technical knowledge and understanding of product/process design.
- Problem-solving abilities are essential.
- Strong knowledge and experience in machinery safety principles. (e.g. explosion, machinery control, electrical and pressure equipment safety to name a few).
- The ideal candidate will be eager to learn and ready to try new roles inside Xebec.
Xebec Adsorption Inc. values, respects and encourages the differences and skills of its employees from all horizons. We will consider all qualified candidates.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We respectfully ask agencies not to contact us or send us unsolicited applications.
Replies and CVs can be sent to [email protected]
Xebec Adsorption Inc., 730 Boul. Industriel, Blainville, PQ, J7C 3V4 / +1 450 979 8700