Date: January 2021
Reports To: CFO
Xebec is in business to accelerate the shift to a clean, low-carbon economy. Our renewable gas technology replaces carbon-emitting fossil fuels with clean energy solutions for industry, transportation, gas utilities, and waste management. The clean economy is the biggest opportunity of a lifetime. Play your part and join us!
The Divisional Controller is responsible for the production of all monthly and quarterly financial documents and the management report for the company. His responsibilities also include conducting various analyses of results, preparing financial forecasts and managing U.S. taxation.
Besides being part of a great team, you will enjoy the competitive pay and a full benefits package including medical, dental, disability, training and career advancement opportunities, a flexible schedule for work/life balance, social activities and more.
- Manage the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Supervise the work of accountants in each of the companies in the US and Canada
- Prepares all necessary documentation for audit purposes, directs the financial auditors and relations with the external auditors, and makes recommendations for the improvement of procedures
- Ensure that accounting standards are applied correctly
- Participate actively in the annual budget and then monitor and analyze the company’s results against the budget on a monthly basis
- Coordinate day-to-day cash management in collaboration with the Corporate Treasurer
- Analyze results using financial and non-financial metrics and recommend indices to measure the company’s financial and operational performance
- Manage the preparation of financial perspectives and forecasts
- Apply policies and procedures in accordance with standard 52-109 (Internal Control)
- Determine the costs and margins for each segment on a monthly basis
- Manage or participate in special projects
- Participate in the development of the company’s business plan
- Performs all other related duties within the scope of his or her responsibilities.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable:
- Hold an accounting certification;
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience;
- Experience in a multi-company, multi-currency environment;
- Good knowledge of the main MS Office suite software (mainly Excel);
- Experience with budget processes (cost control);
- Knowledge of an ERP system;
- Good knowledge of tax regulations;
- Demonstrate initiative, leadership, autonomy and a strong sense of responsibility;
- Highly developed communication skills;
- Demonstrate a good ability to manage people and to promote their performance and development;
- Sense of management and priorities;
- Concern for confidentiality;
- Analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
Xebec Adsorption Inc. values, respects and encourages the differences and skills of its employees from all horizons. We will consider all qualified candidates.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We respectfully ask agencies not to contact us or send us unsolicited applications.
Replies and CVs can be sent to [email protected]
Xebec Adsorption Inc., 730 Boul. Industriel, Blainville, PQ, J7C 3V4 / +1 450 979 8700