Date: August 2022
Department: Product Development
Reports To: Vice President, Product Development
Xebec is in business to accelerate the shift to a clean, low-carbon economy. Our renewable gas technology replaces carbon-emitting fossil fuels with clean energy solutions for industry, transportation, gas utilities, and waste management. The clean economy is the biggest opportunity of a lifetime. Play your part and join us!
Development of automation software for real-time control and data acquisition systems (SCADA: “Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition”). The main objective will be to optimize the largescale deployment of our Biogas purification plants while ensuring centralized data collection. There will be the possibility of operating or simply viewing the status and performance of each Biogas plant in operation, remotely. The centralized data will also be used to perform more in-depth analyzes to improve the product or predict failures based on defined parameters.
Besides being part of a great team, you will enjoy the competitive pay and a full benefits package including medical, dental, disability, training and career advancement opportunities, a flexible schedule for work/life balance, social activities and more.
- Standardization and automation (scripting) of smart objects to develop SCADA interfaces quickly and always in the same way ;
- Addition of the site to the centralized system including the database, the deployment for access to the site adds software and modules as needed ;
- Implementation of the network architecture to allow the implementation of this centralized system ;
- Work in collaboration with other departments to understand the needs and be able to improve the performance of our products ;
- Implementation of an advanced analysis tool to be used by different departments of the company ;
- Implementation of products from other divisions (USA, Europe, China) in the centralized global system ;
- Work in collaboration with the IT department to identify the needs and respect the policies in place of the company. (Cloud server, software, backup, security, encryption, etc.) ;
- Participate in the selection of IT/network equipment for access to the local site and via internet access (wifi, 4G, Gateway, VPN, etc.) ;
- Any other related task assigned by the immediate superior.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable:
Engineer in automation, electrical, computer, software or any other equivalent training;
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role ;
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, Java, C#, VB or other similar language ;
- Familiar with SQL databases. (Query, architecture, etc.) ;
- Familiar with Inductive Automation module implementation, Ignition (asset) ;
- Experience with Allen-Bradley programming software (FTView SE, ME, RsLogix5000) (an asset) ;
- Experience in industrial processes, familiar with reading P&ID diagrams ;
- Previous experience in the field (an asset) ;
- Knowledge of process control systems and devices ;
- Knowledge of process equipment, pressure transmitters, temperature transmitters, PID loop control and motor speed control by VFD ;
- Familiar with Ethernet/IP, Modbus/TCP/RTU, etc. communication protocols. (asset) ;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (essential) ;
- Bilingual (English and French) ;
- Must have a professional attitude oriented towards efficiency and results ;
- Demonstrate excellent ability to communicate in writing and verbally.
Xebec Adsorption Inc. values, respects, and builds on the differences and skills of its employees from all walks of life. We will consider all qualified applications.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We respectfully ask agencies not to contact us or send us unsolicited applications.
Send your resume to: [email protected]
Xebec Adsorption Inc., 730 Boul. Industriel, Blainville, PQ, J7C 3V4 / +1 450 979 8700