Date: May 2020
Department: Supply Chain
Reports To: VP of Operations
Xebec is in business to accelerate the shift to a clean, low-carbon economy. Our renewable gas technology replaces carbon-emitting fossil fuels with clean energy solutions for industry, transportation, gas utilities, and waste management. The clean economy is the biggest opportunity of a lifetime. Play your part and join us!
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Procurement Director will be responsible for developing strategic procurement processes across all of Xebec Adsorption’s business units, including Strategic Sourcing, Contract and Supplier Agreement Negotiations, Supplier Performance Management processes and Inventory Management. The incumbent will work closely with the existing Procurement Team in its Head Office and with Procurement Teams in the other division.
Besides being part of a great team, you will enjoy the competitive pay and a full benefits package including medical, dental, disability, training and career advancement opportunities, a flexible schedule for work/life balance, social activities and more.
- Develop procurement and logistics strategies applicable to the entire organization;
- Participates in the development of processes and systems necessary to improve the performance of the departments under his responsibility;
- Build and maintain supplier relationships and negotiate worldwide supply agreements;
- Develop work methods and technology tools to meet annual growth and long-term goals;
- Ensure, in collaboration with the various stakeholders and departments of the organization, the realization of the operational strategy with a constant concern for optimizing the quality/service/cost ratio;
- Guide the global procurement activities for our subsidiaries;
- Identify risks within the supply chain and address potential concerns to ensure the availability
and flow of supplies;
- In accordance with the mission and orientation of the organization, elaborate the definition of the role, objectives and its priorities;
- Contributes to the development of a work environment that is conducive to high- performance, employee engagement, accountability and intrinsic motivation to succeed.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or other related discipline ;
- Master’s degree in an appropriate discipline or MBA is an asset;
- Ability to work with other stakeholders and identify trade-offs between manufacturing costs and procurement costs;
- Good understanding of inventory management and how procurement actions are related;
- Available to travel worldwide and must hold a valid passport;
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in a managerial position in a sector related to procurement and logistics;
- Global and transversal vision of business processes;
- Strong management skills in a fast growth Company;
- Superior oral and written communication skills (both French and English)
- Great interpersonal skills, including listening skills, and a willingness to be a team player
- Good workload management skills; must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical ability, good judgment, strong operational focus.
Replies and CVs can be sent to [email protected]
Xebec Adsorption Inc., 730 Boul. Industriel, Blainville, PQ, J7C 3V4 / +1 450 979 8700