Date: April 2021
Department: Product Development
Reports To: VP Product Development
Xebec is in business to accelerate the shift to a clean, low-carbon economy. Our renewable gas technology replaces carbon-emitting fossil fuels with clean energy solutions for industry, transportation, gas utilities, and waste management. The clean economy is the biggest opportunity of a lifetime. Play your part and join us!
Being part of the product development team will make it possible to become a technical reference concerning all 600V / 480V / 380V / 230V / 120V electrical installations and control command while also ensuring to respect the standards of the Electrical Code in explosive areas at Xebec Adsorption Inc. The candidate will also have to be flexible in supporting other departments when required, according to the priorities of the company. (Production, Service, Engineering, Procurement, etc.)
Besides being part of a great team, you will enjoy the competitive pay and a full benefits package including medical, dental, disability, training and career advancement opportunities, a flexible schedule for work/life balance, social activities and more.
- Validation and optimization of selected components and design carried out by design engineering;
- Selection and sizing of electrical components – cables, fuses, contactors / starters, O / L relays, etc.
- Support for subsystems and wiring engineers;
- Participate in the organization and creation of material lists of standardized parts in the ERP system – Electrical components;
- Review and approval of specifications and drawings from suppliers;
- Technical interface with suppliers during the selection of components;
- Collaboration and technical support with the methods, production, supply and customer service departments;
- Document the vision of the electrical and control side for the future of Xebec Adsorption Inc;
- Read and understand the different electrical codes (mainly Canada and the United States);
- Optimize the single line diagram (SLD) of standardized product;
- Organize the transfer of technical documents to our customers;
- Become a key player and thus play a decisive role in the success of the company.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or automated production engineering;
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experiences
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Have good workload management skills;
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously;
- Autonomy and ability to prioritize and organize tasks effectively;
- Good analytical skills, good judgment, concentration on activities.
- Able to work under pressure and remain calm, problem solve, be kind to internal clients and take responsibility for results.
- Experience with Autocad, Eplan or other software
- Familiar with the different Classification of Locations – Explosive Atmosphere standards; IEC 60079-10-1, 60079-13, etc. (an advantage)
Xebec Adsorption Inc. values, respects and encourages the differences and skills of its employees from all horizons. We will consider all qualified candidates.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We respectfully ask agencies not to contact us or send us unsolicited applications.
Replies and CVs can be sent to [email protected]
Xebec Adsorption Inc., 730 Boul. Industriel, Blainville, PQ, J7C 3V4 / +1 450 979 8700