Date: April 2022
Department: Corporate Development & Integration
Reports To: Vice President, Corporate Development & Integration
Xebec is in business to accelerate the shift to a clean, low-carbon economy. Our renewable gas technology replaces carbon-emitting fossil fuels with clean energy solutions for industry, transportation, gas utilities, and waste management. The clean economy is the biggest opportunity of a lifetime. Play your part and
The Internal Auditor is responsible for preparing and implementing a risk-based audit plan to assess, report on, and make suggestions for improving the company’s key operational and finance activities and internal controls. Additionally, the position is responsible for identifying and assisting in documenting existing internal finance and disclosure controls, implementing and documenting new internal controls, and establishing an internal monitoring function to audit the company’s compliance with such internal controls. The position will have a key role in assessing the company’s compliance with the requirements of the 52-109 internal control over financial reporting (ICFR) and disclosure controls and procedures (DC&P).
Besides being part of a great team, you will enjoy the competitive pay and a full benefits package including medical, dental, disability, training and career advancement opportunities, a flexible schedule for work/life balance, social activities and more.
- Act as the primary point of contact for assigned key business processes and coordinate with control/process owners to ensure documentation supporting 52-109 requirements is updated on a timely basis.
- Actively participate in the annual planning, risk assessment and scoping of the 52-109 Audit Program.
- Design, execute and lead testing of the design and operating effectiveness of key controls identified in the 52-109 documentation (ICFR & DC&P).
- Track the resolution of deficiencies, the progress of activities related to the certification of controls and work closely with the process owners to identify remediation alternatives, compensating controls and areas for improvement.
- Ensure that internal controls are adapted to business needs and evolve with new technologies implemented throughout the organization.
- Assist in evaluation of new processes, policies and systems to determine relevance to and impact on the 52-109 program, including assessing design of controls based on identified risks.
- Effectively communicate and influence management on the importance of an effective control environment.
- Guide, in collaboration with the external auditors, the testing strategy for each process. Provide support to external auditors when required. Participate in discussions with external auditors on the adequacy and design of internal controls and compensating controls.
- Monitor and report on the status of remediation activities and assist in preparation of quarterly and other status updates for the CFO and Board (Audit Committee).
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable:
- 5+ years of professional auditing including 52-109 or SOX experience.
- A recognized professional designation (CIA, CPA, CISA, etc.) is an asset
- Experience with 52-109/SOX in a public organization or in external audits at a Big 4 firm is an asset
- Must have advanced 52-109 or SOX compliance experience and be knowledgeable with the
following financial cycles: Record to Report, Order to Cash, Hire to Retire, Procure to Pay;
- Knowledge in accounting principles and practices including International Financial Reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with all
levels of management
- Demonstrated willingness to a deep dive into the details and make meaningful recommendations
- Self-starter and flexible team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing processes and procedures
- Strong project management abilities
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset
Xebec Adsorption Inc. values, respects, and builds on the differences and skills of its employees from all walks of life. We will consider all qualified applications.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We respectfully ask agencies not to contact us or send us unsolicited applications.
Send your resume to: [email protected]
Xebec Adsorption Inc., 730 Boul. Industriel, Blainville, PQ, J7C 3V4 / +1 450 979 8700