Date: December 2020
Department: Supply Chain
Reports To: Supply Chain Director
Xebec is in business to accelerate the shift to a clean, low-carbon economy. Our renewable gas technology replaces carbon-emitting fossil fuels with clean energy solutions for industry, transportation, gas utilities, and waste management. The clean economy is the biggest opportunity of a lifetime. Play your part and join us!
The Lead, Strategic Sourcing will be central to projects to reduce costs, find new suppliers, achieve purchasing synergies, optimize performance, develop new products and innovation initiatives. The main categories related to the role are components, accessories, raw materials, subcontracting services, professional services, and equipment.
Besides being part of a great team, you will enjoy the competitive pay and a full benefits package including medical, dental, disability, training and career advancement opportunities, a flexible schedule for work/life balance, social activities and more.
- Provide professional and technical support in strategic sourcing for the targeted category(ies) of goods or services.
- Analyze business needs. Identify cost optimization and cost reduction opportunities in collaboration with the various business sectors.
- Participate in supplier market analysis and in the choice of procurement strategies, following expense analysis.
- Participate in the impact analysis of the proposed strategies on the total cost of ownership (internal and external).
- Prepare contracts and negotiate with suppliers. Recommend contract award and prepare documents.
- Follow up on contracts and suppliers
- Evaluate the performance of contracts and suppliers (costs, deadlines, quality, services, relationships).
- Participate in proposing an action plan and follow up with the company’s stakeholders.
- Participate in the continuous benchmarking of best market practices in strategic sourcing.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable:
- Hold an bachelor’s degree in business administration, commerce, or other relevant field.
- Possess at least 5 years of relevant experience in strategic procurement activities.
- Have an excellent knowledge of the French and English languages (written and oral).
- Have a good knowledge of the stages of the procurement cycle.
- Have a good knowledge of the purchasing, procurement or logistics function and in negotiation.
- Knowledge of purchasing categories or families.
- Very good knowledge of intermediate MS/office functionalities is an asset.
- Demonstrate mastery of the following behavioral skills:
- Agile and result-oriented
- Ability to work in a team
- Client Centered
Xebec Adsorption Inc. values, respects and encourages the differences and skills of its employees from all horizons. We will consider all qualified candidates.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We respectfully ask agencies not to contact us or send us unsolicited applications.
Replies and CVs can be sent to [email protected]
Xebec Adsorption Inc., 730 Boul. Industriel, Blainville, PQ, J7C 3V4 / +1 450 979 8700