Date: November 2021
Reports To: Chief Legal Officer & Corporate Secretary
Xebec adsorption inc. (“Xebec”) aims to accelerate the transition to a clean, low-carbon economy. Our technology using renewable gases replaces carbon-emitting fossil fuels with clean energy solutions for industry, transportation, gas companies and waste management. Xebec is an important player in the rapidly growing energy transition. Do your part and join our team!
As a legal counsel, you contribute to the legal protection of the organization’s interests by ensuring the legal compliance of the various acts performed and by playing a key role with the organization with respect to its rights and obligations. The legal counsel will act at the forefront in the drafting and negotiation of various commercial agreements related to the company’s activities within multidisciplinary teams in the areas of operations, sales, partnerships, infrastructure and acquisition projects and innovation.
Besides being part of a great team, you will enjoy the competitive pay and a full benefits package including medical, dental, disability, training and career advancement opportunities, a flexible schedule for work/life balance, social activities and more.
- Support the Legal team in the negotiation, drafting, and reviewing of the various commercial agreements related to the company’s activities: supply contracts, sales contracts, bids, calls for tenders for infrastructure projects, leases, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Harmonize and update the terms and conditions of the various contracts used in the company’s activities both in Quebec and internationally.
- Provide legal support for certain acquisition files.
- Identify the legal risks related to the company’s contractual obligations, focus on limiting the company’s liability and interpret the contracts or any required amendments.
- For cases involving foreign jurisdictions, the incumbent will ensure that the company complies with applicable laws and regulations, consulting with outside firms if necessary.
- Act as an internal point of contact to coordinate the management of the company’s intellectual property portfolio.
- Act as an advisor to provide appropriate solutions to problems that may arise from operations, non-compliance with contracts and management of certain litigation files, in collaboration with our various external firms.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable:
- Hold a Bachelor of Laws degree
- Member of the Quebec Bar
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of relevant experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (French and English).
- Sense of initiative
- Have excellent written/negotiation skills and communicate effectively.
- Must have good workload management skills; must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Must have the ability to prioritize and organize tasks.
- Good analytical skills, good judgment, focus on activities.
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm, problem-solving skills.
- Cooperate, be customer-oriented and action-oriented.
Xebec Adsorption Inc. values, respects, and builds on the differences and skills of its employees from all walks of life. We will consider all qualified candidates.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We respectfully ask agencies not to contact us or send us unsolicited applications.
Send your resume to: [email protected]
Xebec Adsorption Inc., 730 Boul. Industriel, Blainville, PQ, J7C 3V4 / +1 450 979 8700