Date: August 2021
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Human Resources & EHS Director
Xebec is in business to accelerate the shift to a clean, low-carbon economy. Our renewable gas technology replaces carbon-emitting fossil fuels with clean energy solutions for industry, transportation, gas utilities, and waste management. The clean economy is the biggest opportunity of a lifetime. Play your part and join us!
Reporting to the Human Resources & EHS Director, the incumbent supports and advises the Blainville plant management on various health and safety issues. He designs, develops, and proposes appropriate strategies to ensure the optimization of health and safety processes and programs and create a Health and safety culture. Along with our prevention mutuel group, he will prepare prevention training for all staff levels.
Besides being part of a great team, you will enjoy the competitive pay and a full benefits package including medical, dental, disability, training and career advancement opportunities, a flexible schedule for work/life balance, social activities and more.
- Along with our Mutual, conduct a complete evaluation of the OHS program (legal compliance, prevention program) in place and develop the appropriate action plan;
- Lead the health & safety governance, prepare reports on performance indicators, and suggest corrective/preventive actions addressing trends in data that reveal opportunities for improvement;
- Participate in the development of the Plan’s health and safety strategy and support a culture change;
- Act as a consultant to operations management, supervisors, HR partners and employees;
- Ensure the complete cycle of management of work-related accidents/incident/near misses and management of disability files;
- Leads the OHS incident investigation process, including supporting root cause analysis and identification of corrective action plans;
- Work in collaboration with operations teams in the identification and analysis of workplace hazards and the creation of safe work procedures;
- Create an OHS onboarding plan and conduct OHS integration presentation to new employees;
- Conduct planned and unplanned audits and plant inspection tours and verify the application of the various OHS policies;
- Support all employees in the application of the policies, instructions and procedures in OHS;
- Implement and follow up on key OHS indicators in relations with the Company’s ESG Initiatives and report;
- Train managers and employees on the different OHS procedures and tools;
- Participate in operations meetings to transmit information on occupational health and safety;
- Oversight and support of the Plan Safety Committee;
- Ensure compliance of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE);
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable legislation;
- Ensure that required regulatory permits are up to date and that annual reporting requirements are met;
- Interfaces with regulatory authorities (Federal/ Provincial/Local Regulators) as required.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a DESS or a Certificate in Health & Safety;
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience in a similar position;
- Experience in a fast-growing manufacture environment;
- Safety Professional accreditations (CRSP, CSP, CIH, ROH, CPE etc) (an asset);
- Extensive knowledge of the Québec legislation (LSST and LATMP);
- Superior oral and written communication skills (both French and English);
- Ability to provide influential Leadership;
- Great interpersonal skills, including listening skills, orientation toward customer service, and a willingness to be a team player.
Xebec Adsorption Inc. values, respects and encourages the differences and skills of its employees from all horizons. We will consider all qualified candidates.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We respectfully ask agencies not to contact us or send us unsolicited applications.
Replies and CVs can be sent to [email protected]
Xebec Adsorption Inc., 730 Boul. Industriel, Blainville, PQ, J7C 3V4 / +1 450 979 8700