Date: February 2021
Department: Human Ressources
Reports To: Human Resources & EHS Director
Xebec is in business to accelerate the shift to a clean, low-carbon economy. Our renewable gas technology replaces carbon-emitting fossil fuels with clean energy solutions for industry, transportation, gas utilities, and waste management. The clean economy is the biggest opportunity of a lifetime. Play your part and join us!
Under the supervision of the Director of HR & EHS, and in collaboration with the Pay and Benefits Specialist, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting in the entire payroll process, as well as the processing and monitoring of benefits and programs for all Canadian and American employees.
Besides being part of a great team, you will enjoy the competitive pay and a full benefits package including medical, dental, disability, training and career advancement opportunities, a flexible schedule for work/life balance, social activities and more.
- Assist the Payroll and Benefits Specialist in processing the complete Canadian and U.S. payroll cycle;
- Ensure time verification and follow-up of absence forms with management;
- Compile, process timesheets and enter employee pay time data into the system for bi-monthly payroll;
- Support the production of payroll for the head office and the various North American subsidiaries. That is to say: Collect, analyze, prepare, enter, record and correct data and information required for payroll processing;
- Collect the documents required for the opening of new employee files and computerize the employee files;
- Manage employee files and ensure that they are updated in real-time (employment status, change of contact information, change of position, salary, training, vacation, etc.);
- Administratively support payroll and month-end entries;
- Participate in year-end preparation and quarterly audits;
- Carry out data entry for employee benefits, make various adjustments to payroll and billing.
- Provide customer service to employees in terms of payroll and benefits offered by the company;
- Promote and follow up on employee programs (RRSP, Group Insurance, EAP, etc.);
- If necessary, correspond with insurance companies and validate invoices;
- Follow up on work accident and disability files;
- Support the implementation of ADP’s time and payroll management system;
- Participate in maintaining payroll compliance in both practices and systems.
- Participate in special projects related to HR and payroll ;
- Produce various reports (seniority lists, annual payments made and others);
- All other payroll-related tasks required for the position.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable:
- DEC in administration, or any related field ;
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role;
- Member of the Canadian Payroll Association (an asset).
- Experience with Canadian and American payroll (a considerable asset)
- Knowledge of Nethris and ADP payroll software (considerable assets)
- Mastered Excel, Outlook and Word;
- Knowledge of year-end processes (T4, R1, summary, WCB etc.);
- Bilingual (French/English) spoken and written.
Xebec Adsorption Inc. values, respects and encourages the differences and skills of its employees from all horizons. We will consider all qualified candidates.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We respectfully ask agencies not to contact us or send us unsolicited applications.
Replies and CVs can be sent to [email protected]
Xebec Adsorption Inc., 730 Boul. Industriel, Blainville, PQ, J7C 3V4 / +1 450 979 8700