Date: November 2021
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Human Resources Manager, USA
Xebec is in business to accelerate the shift to a clean, low-carbon economy. Our renewable gas technology replaces carbon-emitting fossil fuels with clean energy solutions for industry, transportation, gas utilities, and waste management. The clean economy is the biggest opportunity of our lifetime. Play your part and join us!
The Payroll & Benefits Specialist administers payroll and benefit programs for the U.S. region of Xebec’s industrial operations with a focus on talent attraction, retention, and building a best-in-class employee experience. They not only possess expertise in multi-state wage and hour compliance, payroll processing procedures, and benefit administration/compliance, but have experience with HRIS implementations and migrations.
Besides being part of a great team, you will enjoy the competitive pay and a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), training and career advancement opportunities, a flexible schedule for work/life balance, social activities, and more.
The specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Processes or reviews payroll for all U.S. subsidiaries in a multi-state environment, ensuring compliance with applicable wage and hour regulations
- Consults with and advise employees on eligibility, provisions, and other matters related to medical, dental, vision, ancillary, and 401(k) benefit programs
- Maintains benefit records and documents for implementing coverage
- Assists in the preparation of benefit booklets and communications
- In partnership with brokers, advisors, and third-party administrators, maintains continuous review of benefit programs to ensure equity and competitiveness in the market and to meet legislated requirements
- Makes recommendations on changes/adjustments to benefit programs as needed
- Maintains tracking systems for vacation, personal/sick time, and leaves of absence
- Administers FMLA leave, including consulting with and advising employees on eligibility, processing requests for leave, and tracking usage of leave
- Reviews compensation practices and makes recommendations on changes/adjustments required to align with best practices and legislative requirements
- Manage the integration of existing and newly acquired subsidiaries into Xebec’s HR, payroll, benefit administration, and timekeeping systems
- Other tasks and projects as needed or assigned
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities would be acceptable:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field, 3-5+ years’ payroll and benefit administration experience in a multi-state environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency with Windows OS, Microsoft Office, and HRIS systems
- Knowledge of FLSA, FMLA, ACA, and ERISA regulatory requirements
- Experience facilitating payroll, timekeeping, and benefit administration system implementations/migrations
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- California experience strongly preferred
Xebec Adsorption Inc. values, respects, and builds on the differences and skills of its employees from all walks of life. We will consider all qualified candidates.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We respectfully ask agencies not to contact us or send us unsolicited applications.
Send your resume to: [email protected]
Xebec Adsorption USA, Inc. 532 Patterson Avenue, Suite 180 Mooresville, NC 28115-2173 USA / +1 450 979 8700