Date: February 2020
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Director, Human Resources
Xebec is in business to accelerate the shift to a clean, low-carbon economy. Our renewable gas technology replaces carbon-emitting fossil fuels with clean energy solutions for industry, transportation, gas utilities, and waste management. The clean economy is the biggest opportunity of a lifetime. Play your part and join us!
As a Pay and Benefits Specialist, your expertise and technical knowledge will be used to deliver quality, compliant payroll every two weeks.
Besides being part of a great team, you will enjoy the competitive pay and a full benefits package including medical, dental, disability, training and career advancement opportunities, a flexible schedule for work/life balance, social activities and more.
PAYROLL ADMINISTRATION :
- Complete the full cycle of payroll processing (Canadian and American) on a bi-weekly basis;
- Validate and approve the payroll of the various subsidiaries of the company (Canadian and American);
- Calculate commissions and bonuses for the Sales team and ensure their approval;
- Manage vacation banks and employee personal day banks;
- Manage all data entries related to the hiring and movement of personnel in the HR/Payroll system;
- Administer employee benefits;
- Administer RRSPs and the stock purchase plan;
- Deal with the insurance broker and ensure that enrollments, modifications, terminations, etc. are done in a timely manner;
- Coordinate all aspects of source deductions, wage garnishments, issuance of Records of Employment, and issuance of annual tax slips;
- Act as a resource to employees for all matters related to payroll and benefits.
PAYROLL ACCOUNTING :
- Conduct audits of taxable and non-taxable deductions;
- Explain payroll variances;
- Make payroll-related journal entries- including, but not limited to validation and tracking of personnel movement, RRSPs, Stock Purchase Plan, Insurance and other subsidiaries;
- Control and validates the quality of the data sent to the GL;
- Carry out month-end activities required for payroll;
- Prepare financial or regulatory reports required by law, regulation or Board of Directors;
- Actively participate in month-end tasks as well as year-end preparation;
- Develop and produce payroll reports as required.
PROCESS AND TOOLS IMPROVMENT :
- Participate in the configuration of the payroll system following changes or the addition of new subsidiaries or employers;
- Participate in the migration process of the time management system, payroll and document management processes;
- Recommend improvement opportunities that will contribute to the quality of services offered and the efficiency of processes and procedures;
- Propose and create training courses for the upgrades of the various business partners.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or administration or college diploma in accounting and/or administration and/or equivalency ;
- Canadian Payroll Association Certificate, Payroll Compliance Specialist or Certified Payroll Manager (a great asset) ;
- 3 to 5 years experience in payroll management ;
- Knowledge of U.S. payroll requirements (a considerable asset);
- Knowledge of Nethris and ADP Workforce software (considerable assets) ;
- Excellent computer skills (Outlook, Excel);
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to weigh the pros and cons of alternative solutions;
- Ability to identify, solve and provide solutions to complex problems, exercise judgment and make decisions;
- Attention to detail – paying close attention to detail when performing tasks;
- Integrity – being honest and ethical;
- Reliability – being trustworthy, reliable, accountable and meeting obligations;
- Accomplishment/Effort – being able to establish and maintain personal challenges and goals, and to exercise consistent effort in completing tasks.
Replies and CVs can be sent to [email protected]
Xebec Adsorption Inc., 730 Boul. Industriel, Blainville, PQ, J7C 3V4 / +1 450 979 8700