Date: October 2021
Department: Supply Chain
Reports To: Director, Supply Chain & Logistics
Xebec is in business to accelerate the shift to a clean, low-carbon economy. Our renewable gas technology replaces carbon-emitting fossil fuels with clean energy solutions for industry, transportation, gas utilities, and waste management. The clean economy is the biggest opportunity of a lifetime. Play your part and join us!
Under the supervision of the Director, Supply Chain and Logistics, the Production Planner’s responsibility is to determine daily, weekly or monthly production activities according to established priorities.
Besides being part of a great team, you will enjoy the competitive pay and a full benefits package including medical, dental, disability, training and career advancement opportunities, a flexible schedule for work/life balance, social activities and more.
- Review work orders or customer requests, expected delivery dates, plant personnel and equipment capabilities, and inventory availability;
- Balance these elements to create a workable and efficient production schedules;
- Make adjustments for changing manufacturing conditions. For example, the production planner may need to move work orders due to equipment failures or to compensate for delayed material deliveries;
- Identify and propose changes to internal processes to improve production efficiency and support effective manufacturing processes;
- Participate in operational strategy by aligning with the company vision;
- Plan the production of finished products at our subcontractors;
- Collaborate with the master planner to establish follow-up and alignment of priorities;
- Prepare reports describing the activities and efficiency of the production. Prepare reports outlining production activities and efficiencies. These reports compare expected production levels to actual production;
- Produce and communicate various operational reports and track key performance indicators related to planning;
- Any other potential tasks related to planning and supply chain.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable:
- College diploma or university degree in a field related to the position or equivalent experience;
- 5 to 7 years of experience in similar positions;
- Strong understanding of material management and manufacturing process;
- Computer literate (MS Office Suite);
- Excellent problem solving and adaptability skills;
- Planning and organizational skills, as well as the ability to apply manufacturing resource planning principles to daily operations;
- Ability to make key decisions to balance staff planning with inventory availability and delivery dates;
- Problem solving skills to adjust schedules in response to material shortages, equipment failures or changes in customer orders;
- Ability to work well with manufacturing teams as well as administrative staff and managers;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Analytical skills, thoroughness;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Demonstrate leadership and teamwork skills;
- Versatile, autonomous and able to work in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment;
- Bilingualism (French & English) is essential, both orally and in writing.
Xebec Adsorption Inc. values, respects and builds on the differences and skills of its employees from all walks of life. We will consider all qualified applications.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We respectfully ask agencies not to contact us or send us unsolicited applications.
Send your resume to: [email protected]
Xebec Adsorption Inc., 730 Boul. Industriel, Blainville, PQ, J7C 3V4 / +1 450 979 8700