Date: July 2020
Reports To: Quality Assurance manager
Xebec is in business to accelerate the shift to a clean, low-carbon economy. Our renewable gas technology replaces carbon-emitting fossil fuels with clean energy solutions for industry, transportation, gas utilities, and waste management. The clean economy is the biggest opportunity of a lifetime. Play your part and join us!
Under the supervision of the quality assurance manager, the quality inspector is responsible for inspecting parts upon receipt and verifying the conformity of all documentation related to a part. Maintaining the traceability of raw materials from the mills to the manufacturing of our components. He will also participate in the inspection of equipment assemblies in order to demonstrate their conformity. This person will be called upon to support the inspection of replacement welds.
Besides being part of a great team, you will enjoy the competitive pay and a full benefits package including medical, dental, disability, training and career advancement opportunities, a flexible schedule for work/life balance, social activities and more.
- Carry out visual and dimensional checks of the manufactured parts, according to the engineering drawings;
- Verify the correspondence between the delivery note and the physical receipt;
- Document detected non-conformities, inventory purges and quarantine;
- Analyze certificates of conformity, casting tests and supplier test reports;
- Record inspection results in the appropriate forms and enter the data into our ERP system;
- Follow up on raw material expiration dates and required actions;
- Carry out finished product inspections according to control plans and issue certificates of conformity;
- Support the improvement and implementation of internal processes;
- Participate in the proper functioning of the annual physical inventory.
- Carry out pressure test testimonials and weld inspections.
- Creation of documentation for customers (Historial Docket);
- Carry out the internal calibration of certain equipment.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable:
- Manufacturing Engineering or DEP in Machining Technology (asset);
- Experience in welding;
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in quality control of machined parts.
- Thorough knowledge of mathematical formulas used in machining;
- Knowledge of standard measuring instruments (tape measure, vernier, ultrasonic; Go NoGo);
- Experience with ISO 9001 and ASME quality standards (an asset);
- Bilingual (French / English);
- Knowledge of plan reading;
- Knowledge of welding symbols (an asset);
- Knowledge of welding defects (an asset);
- Knowledge of ASME code (an asset);
- Knowledge of European PED standards (an asset);
- Be autonomous and able to work in a team;
- Autonomy, punctuality and reliability;
- Good manual dexterity and fine visual acuity;
- Being conscientious, responsible and involved;
- Have a team spirit, collaboration and help in decision making;
- Possess good judgment, a sense of organization and priorities, rigor in the workplace.
Replies and CVs can be sent to [email protected]
Xebec Adsorption Inc., 730 Boul. Industriel, Blainville, PQ, J7C 3V4 / +1 450 979 8700