Date: March 2022
Department: Research & Development
Reports To: Manager, Research, Development, Innovation, and IP
Xebec is in business to accelerate the move to a clean, low-carbon economy and support the technological drive to Net Zero 2035. Our renewable gas technology enables the displacement of carbon-emitting fossil fuels with clean energy solutions for industry, transportation, gas utilities, and waste management. The clean economy is the biggest opportunity of a lifetime. Live tour passion and contribute to changing the World.
You will be in a multifunctional role working on internal and external research project where you will support the design, experimentation, test and demonstration of Xebec future processes and gas processing technologies and applications in a pilot plant and laboratory environment. You will work with the research and development team to provide research and development capabilities, which include building bench and pilot scale experiment and test systems, maintain, and support the laboratory infrastructure, support the design of new systems, designs of experiments, equipment installations, and start-ups, operation, perform tests, collection and analysis.
Besides being part of a dynamic, confident, driven and supportive team, you will enjoy competitive pay and a full benefits package including medical, dental, disability, training and career advancement opportunities, a flexible schedule for work/life balance, social activities and more.
- Work with the Research and development team to deliver a first-rate, development and testing service;
- Set up and build experiments in the pilot plant or laboratory;
- Run experiments and tests according to test plans, test schedules and testing instructions;
- Gather data and result as required by the experiments being run;
- Automate experiments and systems to operate safely with minimal supervision;
- Responsible for proposing improvements for designing and performing experiments with input from supervisors;
- Collect and analyze experimental data, present data at meetings, provide opinion and outline future experiment improvements;
- Troubleshoot experiments and identify abnormal or unexpected trends in experiment data;
- Support preparing technical documentation related to research projects;
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure successful project completion;
- Provide training on laboratory/procedures and protocols to laboratory personnel as needed;
- Set-up, calibrate and perform routine maintenance on pilot plant and laboratory equipment;
- Operate and maintain research and development instrumentation and equipment;
- Ensure that the necessary laboratory supplies are available and perform tasks related to support operation of the laboratory;
- Support the research and development team to deliver test and experiment results;
- Work in a research and development laboratory and process environment and respecting Xebec health, safety and environmental policies and procedures;
- Coordinate day-to-day operation of Xebec Testing laboratory;
- Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable:
- CEGEP degree in laboratory technology or similar program;
- Combination of education and/or equivalent relevant experience;
- You have 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar pilot or laboratory role;
- You are comfortable using a wrench in a work environment;
- Knowledge with gas systems and plant (asset);
- Experience building and operating pilot and laboratory plant (asset);
- Experience designing Laboratory systems in a pilot plant or University environment (asset);
- Experience supporting and maintaining Laboratory instrumentation;
- Experience in machine control and automation, PLC programming;
- Ability to code computers VBA, C, Python, PLC Ladder or other (assets);
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software;
- Able to quickly learn new concepts and processes and apply them to the assigned laboratory work;
- Strong technical and practical aptitude;
- Scientific and inquisitive nature;
- Excellent ability in understanding complex systems;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment;
- Able to work with minimum supervision with a focus on detail and accuracy;
- Creative, innovative, and curious about engineering, science and experiments;
- Good laboratory and teamwork skills;
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, both in English and French;
- Must have a professional attitude oriented towards efficiency and results;
- A demonstrable ability to work under pressure.
Xebec Adsorption Inc. values, respects, and builds on the differences and skills of its employees from all walks of life. We will consider all qualified applications.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We respectfully ask agencies not to contact us or send us unsolicited applications.
Send your resume to: [email protected]
Xebec Adsorption Inc., 730 Boul. Industriel, Blainville, PQ, J7C 3V4 / +1 450 979 8700