Date: January 2022
Reports To: Director, IT
Xebec is in business to accelerate the shift to a clean, low-carbon economy. Our renewable gas technology replaces carbon-emitting fossil fuels with clean energy solutions for industry, transportation, gas utilities, and waste management. The clean economy is the biggest opportunity of a lifetime. Play your part and join us!
The profile we are looking for is a perceptive and combative computer scientist, with knowledge of IT project management, who has leadership and organizational skills.
Besides being part of a great team, you will enjoy the competitive pay and a full benefits package including medical, dental, disability, training and career advancement opportunities, a flexible schedule for work/life balance, social activities and more.
Provides support (remote and on-site) to users regarding the use of Xebec’s hardware, operating systems and microcomputer software, servers and network services. Installation, configuration and problem resolution. More specifically:
- Take ownership of and follow up on problems and requests.
- Diagnose and resolve problems.
- Provide local and remote support to users by responding to the needs of users by handling various tickets.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot microcomputers and servers.
- Identify the training needs of users and accompany them in their learning.
- Follow the evolution of new tools, software, equipment and applications.
- Liaise with other groups within the IT department or partners and transfer problems as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date inventories of software, licenses and equipment.
- Install workstations and other equipment such as printers, routers, switches, etc.
- Install the operating system and desktop program.
- Monitor servers to ensure they are running optimally.
- Monitor and test networks to ensure they are running optimally and ensure the security of the network and company data.
- Ensure that the anti-virus program is working and updated regularly.
- Be responsible for the purchase of computer equipment such as computers, adapters, monitors, etc.
- Follow up and maintain the inventory of the computer park, telephone systems and mobile devices.
- Occasionally travel to support users in various locations in Blainville and MTL.
- In conjunction with our IT service provider, Microage, manage the computer security on both the server and data side.
- Perform all other related tasks.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable:
- Have a college degree in computer science or relevant field / experience.
- Have worked in an environment with more than 50 users.
- At least 5 years of experience in the computer field.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft environments, Office365 and IP telephony.
- Ability to work with technical resources of vendors as well as with management and users of the organization.
- Knowledge of software and cyber security solutions and best practices.
- Experience implementing an ERP, preferably a SaaS solution (an asset).
- Interpersonal skills and ability to make clear and concise presentations to management.
- Demonstrate rigor, structure and autonomy.
- Enjoys working in a team environment.
- Bilingualism, French and English, both oral and written.
Xebec Adsorption Inc. values, respects, and builds on the differences and skills of its employees from all walks of life. We will consider all qualified applications.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We respectfully ask agencies not to contact us or send us unsolicited applications.
Send your resume to: [email protected]
Xebec Adsorption Inc., 730 Boul. Industriel, Blainville, PQ, J7C 3V4 / +1 450 979 8700