Date: November 2021
Department: Product Development
Reports To: Director, Technical Development
Xebec is in business to accelerate the shift to a clean, low-carbon economy. Our renewable gas technology replaces carbon-emitting fossil fuels with clean energy solutions for industry, transportation, gas utilities, and waste management. The clean economy is the biggest opportunity of a lifetime. Play your part and join us!
Develop automation software for real-time SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition) systems. Your main responsibility will be to optimize the large-scale deployment of our biogas purification plants while overseeing centralized data collection. You will have the possibility of controlling or simply viewing the status and performance of each operational biogas plant remotely. Centralized data will also be used to perform more detailed analyses in order to improve the product or anticipate potential failures based on established parameters.
Besides being part of a great team, you will enjoy the competitive pay and a full benefits package including medical and dental care, disability insurance, training and career advancement opportunities, a flexible schedule for work/life balance, social activities, and more.
- Standardize and automate (script) smart objects to quickly and consistently develop SCADA interfaces.
- Add sites to the centralized system, including the database, enable site access, add software and modules as required.
- Deploy network architecture to enable centralized system implementation.
- Collaborate with other departments to better understand needs and improve the performance of our products.
- Implement advanced analysis tools to be used by different company departments.
- Perform preventative maintenance for the service department, performance analyses for R&D and engineering, KPIs for management, etc.
- Integrate products from other divisions (USA, Europe, China) into our global centralized system.
- Collaborate with the IT department to identify needs and ensure compliance with existing company policies (cloud server, software, backup, security, encryption, etc.).
- Assist in selecting network/IT equipment to enable site access locally and via the Internet (WiFi, 4G, Gateway, VPN, etc.).
- Any other related task as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable:
- Automation, electrical, computer or software engineer or technician with relevant experience.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, Java, C#, VB or similar.
- Familiarity with SQL databases (query, architecture, etc.).
- Familiarity with the implementation of Ignition (Inductive Automation) modules (an asset).
- Experience with Allen-Bradley programming software (FTView SE, ME, RsLogix5000) (an asset).
- Experience in industrial processes, familiarity with reading P&ID diagrams.
- Previous hands-on experience (an asset).
- Knowledge of process control devices and systems.
- Knowledge of process equipment, temperature and pressure transmitters, PID loop control and VFD control of motor speed.
- Familiarity with Ethernet/IP, Modbus/TCP/RTU communication protocols (an asset).
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (mandatory).
- Bilingual (English and French).
- Professional attitude, results-oriented with a focus on efficiency.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
Xebec Adsorption Inc. values, respects, and builds on the differences and skills of its employees from all walks of life. We will consider all qualified applications.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We respectfully ask agencies not to contact us or send us unsolicited applications.
Send your resume to: [email protected]
Xebec Adsorption Inc., 730 Boul. Industriel, Blainville, PQ, J7C 3V4 / +1 450 979 8700