Date: August 2021
Supérieur hiérarchique: VP Product Development
Xebec is in business to accelerate the shift to a clean, low-carbon economy. Our renewable gas technology replaces carbon-emitting fossil fuels with clean energy solutions for industry, transportation, gas utilities, and waste management. The clean economy is the biggest opportunity of a lifetime. Play your part and join us!
Sustainable Engineer – Process Engineer
Besides being part of a great team, you will enjoy the competitive pay and a full benefits package including medical, dental, disability, training and career advancement opportunities, a flexible schedule for work/life balance, social activities and more.
- Participate in the development of new Biogas Units from the phase of design and fabrication up to the final test before the site deployment.
- Participate in the preparation of a variety of engineering deliverables (Process Flow diagrams PFD, P&ID drawings, process lists, process calculations, equipment data sheets, etc.)
- Coordinate with other disciplines, including mechanical, electrical and control engineering for a sound and robust process design.
- Support remotely the client for the start-up, commissioning, and normal operation, under the coordination of a senior engineer’s team.
- Monitor modifications and upgrades and troubleshoot existing Biogas Units.
- Design for cost and participate in product cost reduction team efforts.
- Provide technical support to Xebec’s internal clients
This position will be initially reporting to the VP of product development and after a period of training about 6 months will be transferred to the Sustainable Engineering Group.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are looking for an Engineering recruit willing to learn and develop. No previous experience as an engineer is required. Being eligible for the OIQ program and being a former COOP program graduate will be considered an asset.
The candidate needs:
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, both in English and French.
- Must have a professional attitude oriented towards efficiency and results.
- Clear commitment to schedule and project deadlines.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously within tight deadlines and different project complexities.
- Eager to learn and ready to try new roles inside Xebec.
He(she) will be trained and accompanied by senior professional engineers. By the end of his training period, he would have been learned and have the following knowledge:
- Process design and sizing of different Equipment
- Process control, Start-up & shut down sequences, Normal operation and Process optimization
- Optimization and operation follow-up of Biogas Units.
- Pre-commissioning, commissioning and start up activities and Procedures for Biogas Units.
- Knowledge in process equipment and field instrumentation: pressure, temperature, flow transmitters.
Xebec Adsorption Inc. values, respects and encourages the differences and skills of its employees from all horizons. We will consider all qualified candidates.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We respectfully ask agencies not to contact us or send us unsolicited applications.
Replies and CVs can be sent to [email protected]
Xebec Adsorption Inc., 730 Boul. Industriel, Blainville, PQ, J7C 3V4 / +1 450 979 8700