Date: February 2021
Reports To: Operations Director
Xebec is in business to accelerate the shift to a clean, low-carbon economy. Our renewable gas technology replaces carbon-emitting fossil fuels with clean energy solutions for industry, transportation, gas utilities, and waste management. The clean economy is the biggest opportunity of a lifetime. Play your part and join us!
Along with his team, he supervises the improvement of the productivity of the manufacturing activities by providing solutions, if the technical staff has the support during the assembly in the workshop, the start-up of the equipment and the functional tests. Interventions will be carried out on all mechanical/electrical and control equipment that is an integral part of the products (industrial gas treatment and purification systems) and the plant’s manufacturing production equipment.
Besides being part of a great team, you will enjoy the competitive pay and a full benefits package including medical, dental, disability, training and career advancement opportunities, a flexible schedule for work/life balance, social activities and more.
- Supervise and mobilize team members on a daily basis;
- Ensure the training of his staff to the task;
- Conducts individual performance appraisals for team members in collaboration with their immediate supervisor;
- Participate in the hiring, firing and disciplinary follow-up of team members in collaboration with his/her immediate supervisor;
- Participate in the management of leave and internal policies in collaboration with his/her immediate supervisor;
- Manage conflicts and maintain a good work climate;
Will be required to supervise the following tasks:
- Defines and describes work instructions for production from engineering drawings (structural, mechanical or electrical assembly);
- Evaluate production costs and analyze production time;
- Optimizes implementation schedules and production means;
- Assume the role of technical interface between the engineering and production teams by creating the manufacturing BOM in the ERP system;
- Provide technical support to production (problem solving taking into consideration unpredictable circumstances);
- Transmit change requests to the engineering team;
- Establish, revise and structure the standard product BOM (Bill of Material) in order to increase efficiency between engineering, parts distribution and the different work stations;
- Follow up, after the manufacturing of the standard equipment, with production to adjust missing or excess parts to the BOM;
- Maintain the conformity of drawings such as welding, manufacturing and assembly with the support of engineering (Red Marking);
- Participate and contribute to the choice of manufacturing methods and the improvement of production tools;
- Assume the technical role of interface between the engineering and production teams;
- Monitor changes with the production team and the engineering team;
- Follow up on various files: compliance with instructions, answer technical questions, ensure compliance, procedures, etc..;
- Ensures the continuous improvement of existing production processes while analyzing the technical repercussions related to the non-execution of tasks;
- Any other related task assigned by the immediate superior.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable:
- DEC in mechanical engineering or any other training or professional experience deemed relevant.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the same field
- Bilingualism (French and English).
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously, with tight deadlines and different levels of complexity.
- Knowledge of Autocad, Solidworks, MS Visio is an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office essential.
Xebec Adsorption Inc. values, respects and encourages the differences and skills of its employees from all horizons. We will consider all qualified candidates.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We respectfully ask agencies not to contact us or send us unsolicited applications.
Replies and CVs can be sent to [email protected]
Xebec Adsorption Inc., 730 Boul. Industriel, Blainville, PQ, J7C 3V4 / +1 450 979 8700