Date: July 2020
Department: Customer Care
Reports To: VP operations
Xebec is in business to accelerate the shift to a clean, low-carbon economy. Our renewable gas technology replaces carbon-emitting fossil fuels with clean energy solutions for industry, transportation, gas utilities, and waste management. The clean economy is the biggest opportunity of a lifetime. Play your part and join us!
The Customer Care Director is responsible for the Installation, Operations and Service of Xebec’s product lines under the Clean Tech Division. The Clean Tech Division includes: NGX Natural Gas Dryers, H2X Hydrogen Purification PSA’s, SPX Specialty Gases PSA’s and BGX Biogas Plants.
Four main disciplines are under the Customer Care umbrella: Service Engineering, Parts, Scheduling and Logistics, Installation, Commissioning, Operations and Maintenance and Data Analysis and Reporting.
Besides being part of a great team, you will enjoy the competitive pay and a full benefits package
including medical, dental, disability, training and career advancement opportunities, a flexible
schedule for work/life balance, social activities and more.
LEAD THE CUSTOMER CARE TEAM IN FOUR MAIN AREAS:
1. Servicing, Troubleshooting and Customer Communication
- Troubleshoot issues with Xebec equipment over the phone or email with customers. Engage the assistance of engineering when needed.
- Keep accurate records of discussions or correspondence as it pertains to the equipment.
- Create trouble shooting guides for Sales personnel in order for them to deal with basic issues.
- Develop predictive tools and preventative maintenance programs to ensure performance and uptime of Xebec product in the field.
- Plan and coordinate service visits by Service Technicians.
- Ensure service repair parts are delivered to the customer in a timely manner in order to perform the particular service.
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
- Participate in “lessons learned” from customer site visits and communicate recommendations for improvements to the appropriate departments in the company.
- Ensure all existing customers with Xebec equipment are contacted on a timely basis to ensure Service and Parts revenue goals are met.
2. Installations, Commissioning, Operations and Maintenance
- In conjunction with the sales team, prepare Service Proposals including pricing and appropriate parts lists
- Develop Operations and Maintenance contracts including appropriate schedules including but not limited to Operator Training, Health and Safety plans, Emergency Response plans and Data Monitoring
- Project manage the Installation and Commissioning of Xebec equipment and Biogas Plants which includes managing sub-contractors for site construction, logistics of delivery of equipment on site, developing commissioning Check Lists, SAT’s and Performance Demonstration certificates. Ensure qualified personnel and materials are on-site in preparation of installation and commissioning.
- Ensure all requirements of PITTI readiness are adhered to in a timely manner.
- Operate, Service and Maintain equipment and installations in accordance with contracts to meet business goals
- Lead on-site project management and interface with customer project manager and ensure timely and effective communication with customer.
- Interface with state, federal and local officials to obtain necessary permits and approvals to install and operate Xebec equipment.
3. Parts Management and Logistics
- Prepare Service and Maintenance Spare Parts lists and Critical Spare Parts Lists as required for Service Proposals and Operations and Maintenance Agreements
- In accordance with Service and O&M Contracts ensure Service and Maintenance and Critical Spare Parts inventory is maintained.
- Work closely with Supply Chain to ensure the appropriate levels of Spare Parts inventory is maintained in-house and on site
4. Service Engineering
- Chair regular FRB (Failure Review Board) meetings to review all failures in the field are captured and reported.
- Capture field reliability data and participate in reliability improvement programs.
- Participate in FMEA and Hazop review to ensure product reliability and safety are part of the product design.
- Work with the Quality dept. to ensure that for all failures reported, appropriate corrective measures are taken which comply with Xebec Quality policies.
- Issue Service Bulletins and manage Service Campaigns where necessary.
- In conjunction with Engineering, ensure the design of new equipment conforms with Service procedures in the field.
- Be actively involved in the design of new products to ensure that the need for serviceability and life cycle cost are incorporated in the design.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable:
- Engineer with strong knowledge in Product Development, System Engineering, Controls, and Capital Equipment Service and Support.
- Knowledge in PLC programming, data bases management, data communication, data analytics and reporting.
- Strong project management and customer interface skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and contact documents.
- Superior interpersonal skills, including: listening skills, friendliness, orientation to customer service, and a willingness to provide organizational support.
- Good workload management skills; must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Must have the ability to prioritize and organize assignments.
- Three (3) to ten (10) years related experience and/or training in process and/or people management; preferably in customer service environments or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong analytical ability, good judgment, strong operational focus.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Outstanding Customer Service skills.
- Ability to solve problems in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize work.
- Passion and alignment with our mission, vision, values, and operating principles.
- Passion for working in a values-based company in alignment with a learning organization.
- Desire to own decision and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Willingness to travel when required.
- Ability to remain courteous when dealing with upset or angry customers.
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm, solve problems, be courteous with customers and take responsibility for outcome
Replies and CVs can be sent to [email protected]
Xebec Adsorption Inc., 730 Boul. Industriel, Blainville, PQ, J7C 3V4 / +1 450 979 8700